Family legal disputes can be long, expensive and emotionally draining. For these reasons, it is important that anyone who is involved in family legal actions obtain an attorney who can shoulder their burden and meet their needs.
At Law Office of Jason G. Smith in Newnan, Georgia and Winter Garden, Florida, we advocate for individuals and families. We understand the risks that family law disputes entail. We strive to limit the negative outcomes and to maximize the benefits for each one of our clients.Call Our Georgia Office Call Our Florida Office
Situations in which we assist clients include:
- Divorce. If you are considering filing for divorce or have been served with divorce papers, we can represent you through the entirety of your divorce proceeding.
- Child custody and support. When relationships break down, questions about child custody and support quickly gain in importance.
- Property division. We help our clients obtain equitable property division regarding assets they acquired while married, including homes, bank accounts, vehicles, retirement benefits and pensions.
- Modifications. If your personal or financial circumstances have changed substantially since you obtained your order for child custody or spousal support (alimony), we can help you petition for a modification of terms that reflects your circumstances.
- Spousal maintenance. In days past, spousal support was for women only (and was called alimony). Today, spousal support is available to divorcing spouses of either gender.
- Adoption. We help individuals and families enjoy the wonder of parenthood through adoption. We have particular experience in facilitating appropriate stepparent and grandparent adoptions.
- Paternity. Children deserve to know their parentage. Our law firm can help you determine the identity of a child's father, potentially qualifying that child to receive child support, health insurance and other benefits.
Contact Us | Free Consultation
Law Office of Jason G. Smith offers a free initial consultation to each prospective client. To meet with a lawyer who will consult with you, return your calls and stand with you through the course of your family legal matter, contact our Newnan, Georiga or Winter Garden, Florida family law attorney today.